AdventureSmart connects people with the resources that they need, to safely enjoy recreating in New Zealand's great outdoors.
AdventureSmart is managed by the New Zealand Search and Rescue Council(external link) (NZSAR), which works with many wonderful organisations around New Zealand in the interest of public safety, including:
- New Zealand Police(external link) - responding to land-based search and rescue operations
- Rescue Coordination Centre(external link) (RCCNZ) - responding to water-based search and rescue operations and beacon alerts
- Mountain Safety Council(external link) - providing significant resources and awareness relating to land-based activities around New Zealand as well as practical courses and online guidance videos
- Department of Conservation(external link) - managing the conservation of New Zealand's nature, including many walking/tramping/hiking tracks, wildlife management and hut management
- Watersafety New Zealand(external link) - providing significant resources, governance and awareness relating to water-based activities
- Surf Life Saving New Zealand(external link) - providing practical lifesaving duties at monitored beaches, many awareness campaigns and resources as well as competitive sporting and club-based activities
- Maritime New Zealand (external link)- regulating, governance and providing awareness and practical resources relating to boating activities in New Zealand's waters
- Coastguard New Zealand(external link) - providing practical safety assistance on the water including offering boat towing services and bar crossing assistance as well as boating-related resources and apps
- Coastguard Boating Education(external link) - providing practical and online courses and education relating to the safe operation of boating craft in New Zealand's waters
Special thanks to these and the many other organisations who contribute to recreational safety in New Zealand.